The First period from 2008 to 2010 saw 2,600 houses over the arroyo Ụ Cây and the west bank of Xom Cui arroyo being cleared. The next period, from 2020 to 2012 will have the clearance of remaining 2,500 houses along the canals Doi, Ong Lon, Ong Nho, and Tau hu.
The next period from 2012 to 2015 will clear the 5,500 houses on the southern bank of Canal Doi, and the west bank of Arroyo Xom Cui. In this period District 8 is expected to have the resolute clearance of the 16,000 houses in 26 slum clusters (not right along the canals but) scattered all across the district’s area.
In the orientation course of the District 8 People’s Committee, latest by 2020, all the houses in slump and over and along the canals should be converted to high-rise condominium clusters combined with commercial centres in civilized modern standards, aiming at improving the living quality of the population.
IV. THE NEED FOR INVESTMENT
The population over and along the arroyo Ong Nho at the north of Ta Quang Buu street, C has 745 households. This is a self-developed population cluster with many slum and makeshift houses made from short-lived materials scattered along and over the arroyo Ong Nho, over 100 of which have less than 20 sq. meters of area. The City and District 8 authorities have included this area into their Urban Reform Programme to clear up slum houses over and along numerous waterways in District 8 area, and with a resolution to complete before 2015.
In District 8’ s course of orientation, the Dong Dieu area will be the District’s Sport, Entertainment and Culture Park. The City and District 8 authorities call on investment owners to participate in this Urban Reform Programme to build the park to serve the interest of local population and the relocation of the people living along the arroyo Ong Nho, as part of the said project.
In response to the City’s and District 8’s orientation plan, Minh hang Enterprise, a tourist business in Dong Dieu, has been entrusted with the role of the investment owner for the Sport, Entertainment and Culture Park’s project, at the north of Ta Quang Buu, Ward 4, District 8. So far, Minh hang Enterprise has accomplished the clearance and compensations of 8 hectares over the total area of 15,484 hectares. The enterprise will proceed with the remaining slum area (6 ha) along the canals as soon as a green light is given from the City’s investment direction.
The cost of clearance and compensation, the budget for building the relocation centre, and culture park is an important amount. In the City’s plan guideline, the project park will be operated as an open establishment of free entrance. All works in the park are public facilities such as community culture house, sport and gymnastics quarters etc.. These works will mainly serve the need for culture and entertainment, sport and gymnastics activities of the district local population. The income of the bark will be small and only suffice for its own operation and management, but not for the recovery of the investment cost which is very large. In 2007, the City and District 8 allows a land fund of 4.2 hectares from the approved hotels and commercial centre project, with an aim to create an income for this investment. However, the earnings from this hotels and commercial centre project is so far not strongly favourable, the recovery as such will be slow.
Private Enterprise Minh Hang now submits a proposal to the City People’s Committee, the District 8 People’s Committee, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, The Ministry of Planning and Investment, The Service of Planning and Architecture, The Service of Construction, the Service of Finance to permit our enterprise to complement the existing 4.2 ha project with additional high-rise apartments construction in order to create more funds for the clearance and compensation cost as well as the budget for the building of relocation centre and the culture park
Private Enterprise Minh Hang hereby compile the investment project for the construction of a sport, entertainment and culture park with Commercial Service Centre and apartment houses at the north of Ta Quang Buu street, Ward 4 District 8, to submit to the relevant authorities for approval
V. THE OBJECTIVES OF INVESTMENT:
The objective are multifold: urban reforming, environment protection, health assurance, care of stable housing, contribution to the improvement the conditions and quality of living for the population. The project also respect the District’s master plan, overall landscape, creating more relocation housing funds for other projects in its Urban Reform Programme. The transforming this area into an area for sport, entertainment and culture park , Commercial Service Centre and apartment houses also creates a premise for and response to the need of economic development of the District.
For the said objectives, the project have two main quarters:
– Relocation quarter: to cater the on-the-spot relocation of household living over and along the arroyo Ong Nho, any surplus houses will serve the relocation of other project of the District
– Park and housing complex: consisting of park area and the housing complex. The park area will have a static stretch of greenery and flower garden to create the lung for the district’s living space, community and culture activities as well as sport and entertainment for the local youth and population. The complex will have a Commercial Service Centre, hotel and office building as well as apartment houses
VI. LEGAL BASIS
– Law on Investment No 59/2005/QH11 dated 29/11/2005 by XI National Assembly;
– Law on Enterprises No 60/2005/QH11 dated 29/11/2005 by XI National Assembly;
– Law on Construction No 16/2003/QH11 dated 26/11/2003 by XI National Assembly;
– Decree No 108/2009/NĐCP dated 22/9/2006 by the Government, providing the details and guidelines for implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Investment
– Decree No 12/2009/NĐCP dated 12/02/2009 by the Government on the management of investment projects for construction of works
– Decision No 3291/QĐ-UB dated 12/08/2002 by the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee concerning the land leasing to Minh Hằng Enterprise Pte to construct the Dong Dieu Entertainment Quarter
– Decision No 2772/QĐ-UB dated 06/06/2005 by the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee concerning the land leasing to Minh Hằng Enterprise Pte in Ward 4, District 8
– Announcement No 713/TB-VP dated 04/10/2007 by the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee advising the contents of the conclusion of Deputy Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Mr Nguyễn Hữu Tín, regarding the adjustments on details of construction plan of the culture park project in Ward 4, District 8
– Announcement No 6739/TB-UBND dated 15/10/2007 by the District 8 People’s Committee advising the contents of the conclusion of Deputy Chairman of the District 8 People’s Committee, Mr Nguyễn Thành Chung, in the meeting on the adjustments of the construction plan for the culture park project in Ward 4, District 8
– Official Letter No 7681/UBND-ĐT dated 28/11/2007 by the District 8 People’s Committee regarding the assessment the detailed urban construction plan at 1/500 ratio for the culture park project in Ward 4, District 8.
– Official Letter No 4999/UBND-ĐT dated 04/09/2009 by the District 8 People’s Committee regarding the assessment the detailed urban construction plan at 1/500 ratio for the culture park project in Ward 4, District 8 with Minh Hằng Enterprise Pte as the investment owner.
– Official Letter No 4488/UBND-ĐTMT dated 25/06/2009 by the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee regarding the assessment of Private Enterprise Minh Hang’s application for the culture park at the north of Tạ Quang Buu, Ward 4, District 8
– Announcement No 7590/TB-UBND dated 16/11/2009 by the District 8 People’s Committee advising the contents of the conclusion of Deputy Chairman of the District 8 People’s Committee, Mr Nguyễn Hồ Hải at the working session with Minh Hằng Enterprise Pte regarding the Urban Reform Programme at Ward 4, District 8
– Official Letter No 9724/UBND-ĐT dated 26/08/2010 by District 8 People’s Committee regarding the opinions on 1/500 construction plan of Culture park , Commercial Service Centre and High-rise Apartment houses at the north of Tạ Quang Buu, Ward 4, District 8.
Investment Owner Intro:
- Name of Investment Owne: DOANH NGHIEP TU NHAN MINH HANG
(MINH HANG ENTERPRISE PRIVATE)
- Business License No: 4101000973 by the Service of Planning and Investment issued on 19/07/2000
- Headquarter: 33/2 Cao Lo, Ward 4, District, Ho Chi Minh City
- Telephone: 08-38507009
- Fax: 08-38507008
- Business owner: Mr. Do Dinh Ham
- Business activities:
- Entertainment & recreation, Electronic game services
- Organizing Professional art performances
- Food service. Sport fishing, boating
- Phography services
- Civil construction. Earth moving & leveling
- Housing trade and repair
Minh Hang Enterprise Pte is currently doing business in the Dong Dieu Entertainment Area, with various activites such as sport fishing, boating, kite flying, food service (restaurant specializing in reception, wedding ceremony, get-together, birthday party, meeting and conference, etc..), cafe garden